You can practice your Finnish language skills in a group with the help of a teacher at The City of Turku’s Osaamiskeskus this spring 2022.
You can join a group by registering via e-mail at email@example.com or visiting the International House Turku Welcome Desk at Monitori near the Market place. There are many groups with different skill levels.
Groups are face-to-face (is Covid restrictions allow) or online via Teams. Read more The discussion groups at Osaamiskeskus 2022
You can find the groups and skill levels here.
- You don’t have to know any Finnish
- You need to know how to read and write and know the Latin alphabet
- Skill level: level 0 – A1
- Monday and Wednesday from 2.30 pm to 4 pm
- You know a little Finnish
- Skill level: levels A1 and A2
- Thursday from 10.30 am to Noon and Fridays from 2.30 pm to 4 pm
- You can discuss familiar subjects and you somewhat understand vocabularies that are linked to a subject such as a workplace
- Skill level: B1
- Mondays from 5 pm to 6.30 pm and Fridays from 9 am to 10.30 am
Valmennus – training group
Valmennus or training is meant for you if you want to learn more Finnish for work or for studying.
Group will help you with:
- Finnish language: speaking, reading, writing
- Use of a computer: Onedrive, MS word, video calls (Teams)
- Work and study: job applications, job interviews, studying the Finnish language
Training consists of 6 hours a week. You can quit training when you start a new job or studies.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from Noon to 2 pm.
The Training group will start when there are enough participants.