You can practice your Finnish language skills in a group with the help of a teacher at The City of Turku’s Osaamiskeskus this spring 2022.
You can join a group by registering via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, Finnish teacher email@example.com, or visiting the International House Turku Welcome Desk at Monitori near the Marketplace.
Groups meet in person at Aurakatu 5A. Some groups will stay online be via Teams. Read more The discussion groups at Osaamiskeskus 2022
You can find the groups and skill levels here.
- You don’t have to know any Finnish
- You need to know how to read and write and know the Latin alphabet
- Skill level: 0 – A1
- Monday and Tuesday from 2.30 pm to 4 pm
- You know a little Finnish
- Skill level: A1 and A2
- Thursday from 10.30 am to Noon and Fridays from 2.30 pm to 4 pm
- You can talk and understand Finnish well and understand some work-life vocabulary
- Skill level: B1
- Friday: from 10.30 am to 12.00 am
Advanced group (Online)
- You can discuss familiar subjects and you somewhat understand vocabularies that are linked to a subject such as a workplace
- Skill level: B1
- online group (Teams)
- Mondays from 5 pm to 6.30 pm and Fridays from 9 am to 10.30 am
Valmennus – training group
Valmennus or training is meant for you if you want to learn more Finnish for work or for studying.
Group will help you with:
- Finnish language: speaking, reading, writing
- Use of a computer: Onedrive, MS word, video calls (Teams)
- Work and study: job applications, job interviews, studying the Finnish language
Training consists of 6 hours a week. You can quit training when you start a new job or studies.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from Noon to 2 pm.
The Training group will start when there are enough participants.